The Jardine Matheson Scholarship Foundation provides full scholarships to students from across the Group’s markets to study at Oxford and Cambridge Universities. The purpose is to cultivate future leaders who will contribute to their communities. There are scholarships available for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Over 370 outstanding students from Cambodia, mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam have received scholarships since the Foundation’s inception.
Jardine Matheson Internships
Undergraduate Scholars will have the chance to engage in a Jardine Matheson Group summer internship program. The program will include placements in the group’s business units, as well as learning and development opportunities to help prospective scholars obtain crucial skills for transitioning into the workforce.
Jardine Matheson Scholarship Value
Each of the Jardine Matheson Scholarships will typically cover fees, tuition, books and equipment costs, board and lodging (preferably on a live-in basis where this is available at the university), reasonable living expenses, and travel expenses to and from the university at the start and end of the course for which the scholarship is awarded. Also, see the English Literature Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
The Scholarship include:
- university tuition fees are payable directly to the university;
- college fees, excluding board and lodging, payable directly to the college;
- An annual stipend to cover board and lodging and all other incidental expenses,
- including the cost of UK immigration.
- standard economy class airfare to be reimbursed at cost to the scholar from the scholar’s place of residence to the United Kingdom at the start of the scholarship and for the return journey to the scholar’s place of residence at the end of the scholarship.
Join Our Social Channels if You haven't Joined Already
Stay in touch and follow us on our social media platforms to receive the most recent updates on new opportunities.
Eligibility Requirements for the Jardine Matheson Scholarship
At the time of entrance to any of the Jardine Matheson Scholarship network colleges, applicants must be within seven years of completing their secondary school education, and they must:
- have met a minimum academic requirement for admission to one of the Colleges
- be a citizen of one of the countries or territories where the Jardine Matheson Group has significant economic interests.
- Male applicants from Singapore must have completed National Service or be exempt.
Students who have previously been given and accepted other full scholarships to study abroad at the time of application will not be considered.
You can also see: 10 San Diego State University Scholarships
The Jardine Matheson Scholarship Committee will consider the following considerations in determining grants, in addition to academic achievement:
- Personal qualities and character, including exceptional leadership and fellowship qualities;
- Achievements in non-curricular activities, such as sports;
- community involvement and activities; and
- In the Committee’s opinion, these other characteristics indicate the applicant is likely to become an outstanding citizen with a high commitment to performing public duties and/or community involvement.
The documents required for application for the Jardine Matheson scholarship programs include:
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s goals, aspirations, and plans after graduation, as well as details about extracurricular activities, such as sports, and their level of community involvement;
- a recent passport-sized photo;
- A copy of the completed UCAS application form; and
- copies of GCSE, A/AS Level, and IB transcripts, or equivalent qualifications under the relevant country’s or territory’s examination system, as and when available. HKDSE certificates, SPM or STPM certificates, and SKHU certificates are examples of these.
- A letter signed by the applicant’s school principal or university counselor outlining
- the applicant’s achieved and/or predicted academic results;
- remarks that will aid the Scholarship Committee in its evaluation; and
- any other information pertinent to the application.
You may also like to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship 2022–2023 at Oxford University
How to apply
Applications for awards for courses beginning in autumn 2023 will be accepted beginning in mid-August 2022. For your convenience, general application guidelines are provided above.
For more information on how to apply for the Jardine Matheson Scholarship: Go to Jardine Matheson Scholarship Official Website
Trending offers: 7 Scholarships in France for International Students
10 Best Scholarships in the United States for International Students
Fully Funded Scholarships for International Undergraduate Students
Chatham University Scholarships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
10 San Diego University Scholarships for all Students