There are numerous benefits you can get when you apply for University of Cambridge Scholarships. These are available to international students who want to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge.
The University of Cambridge is known throughout the world as one of the best educational institutions, not only in England but in the whole world. And you can become part of it! If you’re an international student and you meet all the necessary requirements, you can apply for one of the University of Cambridge Scholarships and fund your studies at one of the best universities in Europe!
Find out more about how to win one of the fully funded University of Cambridge scholarships below!
About the University of Cambridge Scholarships
The University of Cambridge Scholarships are available to those who have already been admitted to Cambridge College. For students enrolled in MB or MFin programs, full-tuition scholarships are not available. Also, see the English Literature Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
You can also see: 10 San Diego State University Scholarships
- Must be admitted to Cambridge College
- Must be a Non-UK Citizen
Applications are normally submitted by a prospective undergraduate student. The application procedure will include:
- an online application form and
- academic transcript,
- school report and
- English language requirements.
The List of University of Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
1. Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship by Cambridge Trust
The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a program established by the Cambridge Trust to assist students who face significant barriers in coming to Cambridge to study.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- hold a conditional offer of admission to Cambridge University for any degree.
- All students, regardless of nationality, are eligible to be considered for trust funding.
Applicants must intend to begin a course at one of the following levels:
Undergraduate (excluding UK applicants)
Master’s Degree (such as MPhil, MASt, or LLM)
Postgraduate research (such as a PhD)
Full tuition and living stipends for students.
How to apply
As part of their application for admission through the University of Cambridge Scholarships Applicant Portal, tick the box to apply for funding and fill out the Cambridge Trust section of the online form, stating if you meet the eligibility criteria.
2. The Jardine Foundation Awards
The Foundation provides full scholarships to students from across the group’s markets to study at Oxford and Cambridge Universities. The purpose is to cultivate future leaders who will contribute to their communities.
- have met the academic requirements for admission to one of the colleges.
- be in good physical condition.
Each Scholarship will typically cover:
- Full Tuition.
- books and equipment costs,
- board and lodging (preferably on a live-in basis where this is available at the university),
- reasonable living expenses, and
- travel expenses to and from the university at the start and end of the course for which the scholarship is awarded.
How to apply
The Jardin Foundation Scholarship can be applied for online, through the University of Cambridge Scholarships Applicant Portal.
Get more information about how to apply for the Jardin Foundation Scholarship here.
In October 2000, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship program was established.
Each year, Gates Cambridge awards approximately 80 full-fee scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries other than the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University of Cambridge.
You are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:a citizen of any country other than the United Kingdom applying to the University of Cambridge to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- a citizen of any country other than the United Kingdom
- applying to the University of Cambridge to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- PhD sMPhil/MLitt
- one-year postgraduate program.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the entire cost of attending Cambridge University. Additionally, it provides discretionary funding.
The essential elements
- the appropriate rate of the University Composition Fee.
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,384 for 12 months).
- one economy flight at the start and end of the course.
- Inbound visa fees and the Immigration Health Surcharge.
How to apply
Applicants apply for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other sources) through the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
4. Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholarships
Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholarships are available to candidates applying to the University of Cambridge for a full-time or part-time PhD program.
Harding Postgraduate Scholarships are open to:
- PhD students of any nationality.
- PhD students in any discipline.
- Tuition Coverage
- Personal Research Allowance
How to apply
The Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholarship can be applied for online through the University of Cambridge Scholarships Applicant Portal.
In the Applicant Portal’s ‘Funding your Study’ section, check the box to indicate that you want to apply for funding.