The University of Pisa Merit Scholarships program has begun accepting applications for 2022 Masters scholarships for international students interested in studying in Italy.
The scholarship is worth €22,000 and includes conditional exemptions from university fees.
The University of Pisa, founded in 1343, is one of Italy’s and Europe’s oldest and most prestigious universities. The University is one of Italy’s most prestigious educational institutions, with 20 departments and high-level research centers in agriculture, physics, computer science, engineering, medicine, and veterinary medicine.
Apply for the >>> OECD Internship Program in France 2022/2023 | Funded
The University of Pisa offers a number of scholarships for high-achieving students. The Merit scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their previous studies. These scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate students.
The University of Pisa Merit Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and are renewable for the duration of your studies at the University of Pisa.
Also apply for >>> University of Sunderland Scholarships 2023 in UK | Fully Funded
UNIPI Scholarship Details
- Host Country: Italy
- Host Institution: University of Pisa
- Eligible Nationality: Both Domestic and Internationals can apply
- Award Coverage: ≈$22,000 / Tuition fees
- Deadline: Varies (Apply as soon as possible)
The University of Pisa awards 24 merit scholarships each year to international students admitted to one of the fourteen Master Degrees taught in English, or to the Bachelor’s Degree in Management for Business and Economics, in order to promote the university’s academic offer in English to international students.
The scholarships will be paid in two installments, five months apart, each year. The grant allocation requirements for the second and third years will be assessed at the start of the following academic year (end of September or October).
You may also like >>> Eric Bleumink Scholarships at University of Groningen | Funded
Duration and Benefits of the University of Pisa Merit Scholarships
- First year: 6,000 euros net, plus exemption from university fees (except for € 140,00 in regional taxes and € 16.00 in stamp duty).
- Second year of master’s degree course: 8,000 euros net and a 50% reduction in university fees if the student has obtained at least 36 CFU credits with an average grade of at least 25/30.
- Second and third year of bachelor’s degree: 8,000 euros net and a 50% reduction in university fees if the student has obtained at least 36 CFU credits (first year) and 96 CFU credits (second year) with a minimum grade of 25/30.
- The University of Pisa Merit Scholarships will be awarded to the winners after they arrive in Pisa and have applied for a residence permit and enrolled at the University of Pisa.
- The scholarships will be paid out in two installments, 5 months apart, each year. The grant allocation requirements for the second and third years will be evaluated at the start of the following academic year (end of September-October).
You can also apply for >>> AUAS Amsterdam Talent Scholarships 2023 for International Students
To be considered for the University of Pisa Merit Scholarships, you must:
- Be an international student enrolled in one of the fourteen Master’s Degrees taught in English or the Bachelor’s Degree in Management for Business and Economics in the academic year 2022/2023.
- must apply to the desired course of study by the deadline specified by the course of study itself for the academic year 2022/2023
Merit-based grant recipients can also receive DSU grants during the first academic year, as long as the benefit amount does not exceed € 6,000 – but they cannot receive scholarships from the Italian government (MAECI).
Evaluation and Documents
University of Pisa Merit Scholarships will be awarded based on a unique ranking determined by a committee that will consider the following factors:
- Examining the Curriculum Vitae (CV) (How to write an effective Curriculum Vitae)
- The outcome of the interview
- CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) (Cumulative Grade Point Average)
- The applicant’s country of origin, with priority given to less economically advantaged countries.
You may also like >>> Netflix Internship Summer Program 2023 | Funded
How to apply for a UNIPI University of Pisa Merit Scholarships
Students are not required to apply for the study grant. All admitted students are eligible and will be automatically considered.
Scholarships will be distributed as soon as possible on the dedicated page. Non-EU students who apply for a VISA and are successful will be able to show proof of the scholarship during the pre-enrollment phase to demonstrate that they have sufficient economic means to study in Italy at the competent Italian diplomatic representation (via the University portal, which is already open for the academic year 2022-2023).
Study for free at Sweden with >>> Apply Now! SI Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals