The University of Liverpool Postgraduate Scholarship application period is now open for interested and qualified students to pursue a postgraduate degree in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship will pay the full tuition fees as well as a maintenance grant of £15,609 per year for 3.5 years to selected candidates.
The EPSRC is funding the studentship as part of a business-led research collaboration between leading UK companies and their long-term strategic university partners.
Also apply for >>> Lloyd Carr-Harris Entrance Scholarship at Simon Fraser University in Canada
University of Liverpool Postgraduate Scholarship Details
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Host Institution: University of Liverpool
- Eligible Country: All Countries
- Award amount: Full tuition + stipends
- Deadline: As stated on the official website
Read also >>> Top 10 of the Best Countries to Study Geology
This multidisciplinary PhD studentship is an exciting opportunity to work on a large project with academic and industrial partners to develop new materials as supports for Fischer Tropsch and CO2 utilization catalysts.
The successful candidate will investigate routes to high surface area porous metal borides, metal nitrides, and other related materials onto which various catalyst nanoparticles can be deposited using a variety of experimental approaches, including robotic high-throughput methods and modern informatics methods.
Synthetic chemistry, advanced structural analysis (crystallography), and characterisation will be combined with sorption and spectroscopic methods in this project. As part of a close-knit team, the successful candidate will also learn teamwork and scientific communication skills.
You may also like >>> Top 10 of the Best Countries to Study Nursing
University of Liverpool Postgraduate Scholarship Benefits
Scholarship Duration and Benefits
For 3.5 years, the award will cover full tuition and a maintenance grant. For 2021/22, the maintenance grant is £15,609 per year, with the possibility of an increase in 2022/23.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- meeting the EPSRC eligibility requirements
- meeting the requirements to study at the University of Liverpool
- meet the university’s English language requirements
- apply before the deadline
Related post >>> Fitzwilliam College Career Research Fellowships, UK
How to apply
To apply for the University of Liverpool Postgraduate Scholarship, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- School or college transcripts/ certificates
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- English language certificates (International applicants only)
- Personal statement
- Two references signed and on letterheaded paper (these should be academic references if you have been in full-time education in the last three years)
- Research proposal (may be tested for plagiarism, collusion and other irregularities).
Candidates who are qualified for the University of Liverpool postgraduate scholarship should begin their applications by clicking on the button below.