Submit your application now for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship 2022–2023 for International Students and pursue your research in the United States.
Have you ever wanted to study in the United States, but did not have the funds to do so? International students can apply for free money through the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program, which is dedicated to helping people from all over the world receive an education in the United States. This post will cover everything you need to know about the program, including how to apply and what sort of opportunities await you if you win one of these fellowships.
An application for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program for International Students is open to students globally.
Also apply for: University of Glasgow Scholarship for International Students
The Aim of the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Develop leaders with knowledge and skills informed by exposure to American values, models, and ideas—leaders who will have a multiplier effect on their societies.
- Establish and strengthen long-term productive partnerships and relationships between Americans and people from other parts of the world;
- improve Americans’ knowledge and understanding of international issues as well as other cultures and societies.
- increase the number and quality of international exchange and training programs.
Summary of the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Host Country: USA
- Institution(s): USA Universities, Participating USA Universities
- Number of awards: 100+ Fellowships
- Deadline: Fellowships begin at the beginning of August and conclude on December 31st.
You may also like: Zell Miller Scholarship program for all Students
Humphrey Fellowship Stipend Amount
Fellows receive a stipend of $15,000 in American currency and are eligible to apply for J-1 visas.
In addition to a stipend, the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship provides an additional allowance of $3,000 per year to defray the cost of travel between Washington and your home country. Awardees are eligible to attend selected events sponsored by federal agencies. Such events include seminars, workshops, conferences, and training opportunities at U.S. government facilities in Washington and around the world.
Read also: Top 16 Countries to Study in Europe
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship provide the recipients with the following benefits:
- full payment of tuition at the assigned university.
- maintenance stipend, including a one-time settling-in allowance.
- Accident and sickness insurance
- Pre-academic English language training, if required.
- A book allowance
- a one-time computer subsidy.
- Travel allowance (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events).
- development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Eligibility Criteria for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship
To be eligible for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships, applicant must have:
- citizenship of eligible countries in,,, Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
- Undergraduate degree.
- a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- public service record in the community.
- English language proficiency.
To be eligible to apply to this prestigious fellowship program, you must meet the above requirements and apply well in advance.
The eligible program fields at the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship are:
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention.
- Human Resource Management
- Human Rights and the Law
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- The Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management.
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration:
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Read also: KAIST University Fully funded Scholarship
How to Apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
To apply for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship, please follow the following application instructions:
- Go to the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship official website from the link below.
- Choose the country that you are from.
- Check the website of your country and send an email.