The Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarships offer international students the opportunity to study in Germany. The scholarship is open to all fields of study and is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Scholarships worth €20,000 are available to international students who wish to study at the University of Hamburg in Germany in either undergraduate or graduate programs. The Heinrich Boll Foundation offers the scholarships through its partner university, the University of Hamburg, and they are available to students from all around the world. While studying in Germany, you will experience one of the most influential European cultures and make friends from around the globe.
About The Foundation
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a political foundation of the German Green Party. It was founded in 1980 with the aim of supporting young people from countries outside of the European Union who wanted to study in Germany.
The foundation has its headquarters in Berlin and runs offices in several other countries as well. It takes its name from the German novelist and 1980 Nobel Prize winner, Heinrich Böll. Since its founding in 1980, it has provided more than EUR 100 million to support causes of global justice, democracy, environmental protection, and sustainable development worldwide. .
Also apply for Eisenhardt Scholarship program in Germany | Funded OR agricultural economics scholarship
About Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2022–2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international high school and college students. This scholarship is available for masters and PhD studies at a German university.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship provides students with fully funded scholarships that cover the duration of their study program.
Join Our Social Channels if You haven't Joined Already
Stay in touch and follow us on our social media platforms to receive the most recent updates on new opportunities.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards up to 35 scholarships of up to €20,000 per year that are intended to make it easier for students from developing countries around the world to study at German universities.
Also see: Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program for International Students 2022-2023 | Fully funded
An Overview of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2022–2023
- Host Country: Germany
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Deadline: March to September (annually)
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The Foundation awards fully funded tuition scholarships to students, which cover the entire duration of the program.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation awards scholarships to outstanding international students from third world countries to study in Germany. The goal is to enable gifted young people from disadvantaged social backgrounds to pursue an education in their own country (Germany), so that they can return as qualified and committed professionals with a stable income to provide for themselves and their families.
Eligibility Criteria for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2022–2023
Applicants must meet certain criteria, including being at least 18 years old and holding a high school diploma, to qualify for a Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship.
Here are the major criteria applicants must fulfill in order to be eligible for a Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarship:
- Applicants must be English-proficient.
- be from a country other than the host country (Germany).
- must have a good academic record, social commitment, and political interest.
- You must have convincing reasons for applying to the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship.
- For the doctoral scholarship, applicants must:
- have a good high school and university academic record.
- You have done a convincing research project (exposé, innovative line of enquiry, realistic timetable of preliminary work that has reached an advanced stage.
- social commitment and political interest.
- provide convincing arguments for applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
Read also: Erasmus+ Mundus Fully funded Scholarships and Internships
You must include the following documents in your application to be considered a successful candidate.
- personal data and CV. (Learn how to write an effective CV or resume here)
- Letter of motivation for are applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- An outline of your motivation for studying your chosen subject and of your main areas of interest.
- An outline of your social commitments and political interests or PhD thesis project.
Click here to learn more about the requirements for a doctoral scholarship or here to learn more about the requirements for a student scholarship.
How to Apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship
Please visit the official Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship website and follow the application steps below to apply or learn more about the scholarship:
- Create an account on the online application portal.
- Fill out the Online Application Portal with the requested information.
- Submit your application before the application deadline after uploading all of your documents.