Applications are now open for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the University of Cambridge for students interested in enrolling and competing for the fully funded grant for courses beginning in the next academic year.
To be eligible for this funding program, you must complete the sections on applying for admission to a course and a college place, as well as the Gates Cambridge section of the funding. When reviewing applications for admission and funding, Gates Cambridge has access to the entire application. Also see English Literature Undergraduate Scholarship
Details of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Host Country: UK
- Eligible Nationality: International Students
- Institution: University of Cambridge
- Award amount: Fully funded tuition
- Deadline: N/A
Eligibility requirements for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
You are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- a citizen of any country other than the United Kingdom
- apply to the University of Cambridge to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- One-year postgraduate course
Are you a current Cambridge student?
If you are a current Cambridge student looking to start a new postgraduate course, you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. For example, if you are currently pursuing an MPhil, you may be eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to pursue a PhD.
Current Gates Cambridge Scholars who are applying for a new degree may also apply for a second scholarship. In round two, all current Cambridge students will be considered. If you have already begun a course, you will be unable to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the remainder of it. Also apply for University of Macau Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully-Funded in China
Application and Document Requirements
When applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you will be asked to provide the following:
- On the application form, we ask: “In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words), please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.”
- Research proposal: Gates Cambridge only requires PhD applicants to submit a research proposal as part of their funding application.
- In addition to two academic references, Gates Cambridge applicants must provide one about their fit with the scholarship.
Full application instructions, including selection criteria and guidance on completing this statement, can be found at gatescambridge.org.
How to apply
Applicants must complete a combined application form. Applicants apply for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other sources) through the University’s Graduate Application Portal.