One of the most prestigious scholarships in Europe, the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2022–23, is now open for the academic year 2022. Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are available to all international students for this year. This means you have a chance to study for free at a European destination school. Consider applying to win.
These scholarships allow recipients to study for a Master’s or Doctorate at any European university or country. People will be able to study in three to four different European countries, in addition to having a chance to complete an internship during their two years of study. The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship has more than 3,000 scholarship offers.
Only the accepted students will take part in the 2022 intake. Recipients will be able to get funding for one year or two years at a time. Your schooling and living expenses will be covered by Erasmus Mundus.
About Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
The Erasmus Mundus program is a cooperation and mobility program in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and to promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through cooperation with third countries.
The program brings together universities from different countries. Joint Master Degrees (JMDs) are delivered by consortia of higher education institutions, which can include universities, research centers, companies, or organizations from programme or partner countries. The JMDs have a minimum duration of one year. They lead to the award of a joint, double or multiple degree. Applicants must choose one JMD as their first priority on their application form during the selection process for admission to a course.
Join Our Social Channels if You haven't Joined Already
Stay in touch and follow us on our social media platforms to receive the most recent updates on new opportunities.
What is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program?
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship is a European Union (EU) scholarship for students to study at universities in Europe. It is funded by the EU and offered by participating higher education institutions. The aim of this scholarship program is to contribute towards enhancing the quality of higher education and training throughout Europe.
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence as evidenced by academic records and results from previous studies or exams taken during undergraduate studies. Students must come from outside their home country and have excellent language skills (at least C1 level).
If you want to study abroad but don’t have enough money, then consider applying for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship. It’s free money that can help pay your tuition fees if you get accepted into one of their programs. These scholarships are offered through various European institutions, including:
- European Union (EU) member states;
- the Council of Europe;
- the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE);
- the African Union (AU);
- the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN); and others.
The most important thing is that they will cover your living expenses while studying abroad, so there is no need to worry about accommodation or food costs while studying abroad on one of these scholarships.
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Details
- sponsored by the European Union.
- Countries only in Europe
- Funding is fully funded.
- Duration of 2 Years
- The course level is Master’s Degree Program.
Purpose of Erasmus Mundus scholarship 2022-2023
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Program was created to:
- Promote the European Higher Education Area.
- enhance the quality of teaching and learning.
- Increase the mobility of students and staff between European higher education institutions.
- contribute to the development of a European area of higher education.
- promote internationalisation of higher education.
The Benefits of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships offer a unique combination of study abroad, professional development, and mobility to help students further their academic and professional careers.
In addition to receiving a full scholarship, students have access to many perks and professional development opportunities throughout their time abroad. Some of these opportunities include monthly meetings with their assigned mentor, online courses in intercultural competency and world languages; exclusive networking events with career professionals; international research conferences, and paid summer internships. All of these opportunities allow students to gain valuable experience as they prepare for future careers.
Being an Erasmus Mundus Scholar is a great way to improve your English skills and experience the best of Europe. Students will be able to study at some of the best universities in Europe, learn from some of the most experienced professors in Europe, and travel to some truly beautiful places in Europe.
The Funding Value of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022-23
The financial benefits of the Erasmus Mundus scholarships include:
- A monthly stipend of 1400–1700 euros.
- Education fee exemption.
- The cost of a ticket for overseas travel
- Travel allowance for when the recipient moves to another country during the course of his/her studies.
- All the recipients of a master’s or a Ph.D. degree will be granted a work visa that will allow them to live in their country of choice once they have finished their studies.
The Erasmus Mundus scholarships will be worth a total of €23,800 per year (excluding accommodation and travel). This financial support is intended to help students fund their study period abroad. The actual value will depend on your home country.
Major Eligibility Requirements for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Potential applicants should take the IELTS or TOEFL tests between September and October of this year in order to avoid running into shuttered testing centers due to the pandemic situation. If an applicant is refused admission based on not submitting these test scores, they can follow up with their respective coordinator and inquire as to an exemption.
Some institutions are taking other language tests like the Duolingo English Test Proficiency as an alternative for IELTS, allowing students to take a test from home.
- All applicants must score at least 6.5 in IELTS.
- The GRE or GMAT is not required.
- No need to contact the professors in advance for intake. Just go to your appropriate program’s official website and follow the instructions provided there.
- No work experience is required.
- Anyone who applies needs to have 16 years of education at the very least.
- There is no limit to the age of those who can apply.
- Plenty of scholarship recipients have obtained a low CGPA. Thus, students with lower grades can apply as well.
- In addition to an essay, it’s also necessary to include two letters of recommendation. This requirement varies with every program. We recommend you check out the website of the program you intend to apply to for more information.
- Essentially, a certificate of residence ensures that you have not been residing in Europe for a year or more in the past five years. You can get this certificate from your university, your workplace, or your local municipal office. The attestation needs to be by a certified public lawyer.
- List of academic degrees and transcripts
- A Letter of Motivation is required. The length of this document varies from program to program. For some programs, however, there are no specified limits.
Step by Step on How to Apply for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2022
Erasmus Mundus scholars are encouraged to apply at the Erasmus Mundus scholarships website or contact the program coordinators there.
To start an online application for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Program, please take the following steps;
- Go to the Erasmus Mundus Online Application Portal by clicking here
- Select International Programs from your chosen university’s department menu;
- Look for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships under Masters, PhD, or another relevant heading;
- Follow instructions specific to your desired country of study and programs.
- Fill in the required fields and upload all the required documents.
Also NOTE that:
- Applications are not due at the same time each year. The last submission dates for each program vary.
- Students have the opportunity to choose from three study programs in order of preference.
Who can apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarships?
This program is only open to students who have completed their second year of study by the time they apply. It is also available to students who are enrolled in a master’s degree program that is recognized by their home institution (not the host institution). Students can be enrolled at any type of institution, but they must meet the eligibility requirements for their chosen program.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Application Deadline in 2022-23
If you are in the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship batch of 2022–2023, the deadline to submit your online application to different European universities will differ depending on the institution. In general, Erasmus Mundus Scholarships in 2022 application deadline in most European Universities is set to December 2022 for the 2023 class of admissions.
The selection process for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Program
The selection process is a rigorous and competitive process. It is based on a number of factors, including the following:
- The student’s academic record,
- Their motivation letter, and
- Their language skills.
The selection committee will look at your application in detail to decide whether you are suitable for this program. A transcript of study or grades from previous university courses will be required as part of the application process. However, it should be noted that these alone may not guarantee you a place in this program.
Tips for Getting Selected for the Erasmus Mundus Program
- Don’t stop practicing or expanding your knowledge. Erasmus+ interviews are difficult and easy to fail. So, the more you know, the better your chances of getting the scholarship.
- Make an impactful motivational letter. It may be the only thing that can help you if you don’t have a good enough GPA.
- Outside of academics, clubs and organizations, as well as classes you have taken online, can be factors when you are trying to improve your credentials. Online courses are very useful when you want to make a change.